Hello once again and many thanks for taking the time to visit our Black & Decker Cordless Lawn Mower Review which will outline everything you need to know both the good and bad before you make your all-important final decision. Our main focus will be on the 36V Black & Decker Cordless Lawnmower model number CLM3820L2-GB but we will also take a quick look at the corded version and also another cordless model under this brand model number CLMA4820L2-GB so you can compare for yourself all the features available in the comparison table outlined further down on this page.
Our Black & Decker Cordless Lawn Mower Review will cover all the main features you need to know plus all the main pros and cons that we came across plus a series of some frequently asked questions that hopefully can answer some of the queries that you may possibly have about this cordless lawn mower. For easier navigation, our review will be split into 5 main parts so please feel free to skip to whatever part interest you the most.
Black & Decker Cordless 38cm Lawn Mower Review Content:
- Section 1: Brief Overview and FAQ’s
- Section 2: Black & Decker Cordless Lawn Mower Review – Main Features to Note
- Section 3: Black & Decker Cordless Lawn Mower Review – Pros and Cons
- Section 4: Comparison versus Corded and Alternative Cordless Lawn mower (48cm)
- Section 5: Conclusion / Feedback
As consumer prices can change slightly from week to week, only guide prices can be submitted at the time of this Black & Decker cordless lawn mower review so please make sure to view the price checkers outlined below to ensure you have the most accurate up to date price information.
Section 1: Brief Overview and FAQ’s
|Brand / Model:||Black & Decker 36V Cordless Lawnmower CLM3820L2-GB|
|Mow Heights:||6 heights - 3cm to 8cm|
|Power:||Two 36V 2.0Ah batteries|
|Warranty:||2 years manufacturer’s guarantee|
|Price Level:||£300 to £400 @ Argos UK – Check todays updated price here|
Frequently asked Questions about the Black & Decker 36V Cordless Lawnmower (10)
Q1. Can you get additional breakdown cover?
A. Yes, you can get an additional 4 year breakdown cover if you wish which tends to cost around £50 to £70
Q2. How much grass can the collector hold?
A. The grass collection unit has a capacity of 35 Litres only
Q3. Can the handle be folded when not in use?
A. Yes, the handle for this lawn mower can be folded down making it more compact for the end user
Q4. Is the height of the handle adjustable for taller people?
A. Yes, the height of the handles is adjustable
Q5. Does it include the battery and also the charger unit?
A. Yes, both the charger unit and the battery are included in the package
Q6. How long does it take to charge the battery?
A. It can take on average 30 minutes to 40 minutes to fully recharge the battery
Q7. How long will the battery mow for when charged?
A. The battery has a run time of 40 to 45 minutes depending on grass conditions (dampness / thickness / height)
Q8. Is this lawn mower self-propelled?
A. No, this electric cordless lawn mower is hand push only
Q9. How many batteries are included?
A. It has 2 36V batteries giving you extra power and will last a lot longer
Q10. Is it difficult to assemble this lawn mower?
A. No, this lawn mower comes 95% preassembled so it should only take 5 minutes to get it up and running once the battery is charged.
Section 2: Black & Decker Cordless Lawn Mower Review – Main Features
Main Features in Detail:
- This cordless 36V lawn mower from Black and Decker is currently available in the UK and one of the best prices we have seen it on sale has been with Argos UK who also offer excellent after sales customer service and they can deliver it to your home in a matter of a few days.
- We found this lawn mower to provide an excellent level of power when compared to other cheaper cordless lawn mower brands and it comes with a series of positive reviews and feedback from previous buyers in the UK which certainly adds more confidence before you buy.
- There are 6 different mow heights available that range from 3cm up to 8cm and the mow height can be controlled and adjusted using a single lever. Included for extra power are the two 2.0Ah 36V batteries which helps with larger type areas plus the safety switch is included as standard for your protection.
- The model reference number here is CLM3820L2-GB, it has a 38cm wide cutting path and a grass collection unit of 35 litres. There is also the significant advantage of having no cords or cables which can limit your work and the handle can be folded down after use to help with easier storage in tighter spaces.
- The handle for this lawn mower is also height adjustable, it is designed for both small and medium sized gardens and it has the ability to cut tight to the borders and edges around your garden.
- There is also the option of adding a further 4 years breakdown cover (optional) and the total cost can be spread over a 12-month period if needed using a credit card plan. The standard warranty provided for this cordless lawn mower is 2 years long.
- The price level for this Black & Decker 36V 38cm wide Cordless Lawnmower when seen on sale at the time of this review from Argos was in the £300 to £400 region which of course can be double checked below.
Further images of the Black & Decker 36V Cordless Lawnmower are outlined below - Scroll side to side (4)
Section 3: Black & Decker Cordless Lawn Mower Review – Pros and Cons
Pros for the Black & Decker Cordless Lawn Mower:
- You can get an additional 4-year breakdown down if you wish for further peace of mind with Argos which only costs another £50 to £70
- The standard warranty is quite good anyway as you get 2 years parts and labour warranty cover which would be expected for a lawnmower in this price range.
- Instead of having to pay for it all up front, there is an option of the Argos credit card plan so the cost can be spread over 12 months instead.
- Even though it is quite small, it can still work quite well on overgrown grass and even damp grass from our experiences.
- The weight of this machine is less than 17kg so it certainly makes it a lot easier to move around the garden when compared to larger petrol mowers.
- There is no need to worry about electric cords lying across the lawn as you mow and you are not limited in area or distances by an electric cord- the cordless function certainly gives you a lot more freedom to mow and work.
- This is great for taller people also as the heights of the handle are adjustable to provide better comfort while you are mowing.
Cons for the Black & Decker Cordless Lawn Mower:
- The lowest mow height setting of 3cm won’t be low enough to meet everyone’s expectations especially for people who prefer a tighter cut.
- The price level for the cordless version is over twice the price for the corded version so the cost price would be a little excessive in our view.
- The grass box is quite small in our opinion at only 35L so it does tend to fill up rather quickly so more frequent emptying is required.
- Even though the handle is foldable, it still requires a bit of work and effort to get the handles to actually fold down as they should.
- There is no side discharge function available, no rear roller for the striped effect and there is no capability to mulch which could put nutrients back into the soil.
- Some users may find the grass collection unit difficult to assemble – could be slightly easier in our view but manageable all the same.
Section 4: Comparison versus other Black & Decker Lawn mowers
If you are not fully decided yet about the 38cm cordless version, then feel free to check out 2 further lawn mowers under the Black and Decker brand outlined as follows:
1, Black & Decker 38cm 1600W Corded Lawnmower
Key Features to Note:
Lower Priced corded alternative
Easy Steer system & 1600W of power
Mow path 38cm / Collection box is 45L
Cable length 12m / Central lever
Integrated carry handles x 2 / Rear roller
6 mow heights 2cm to 7cm
Price Guide: £130 to £170 @ Argos
2, Black & Decker 36V 48cm Cordless Lawnmower
Key Features to Note:
Wider cutting path of 48cm
Two 36V 2.0Ah batteries included
Larger collection box capacity 50L
7 mow heights 3.5cm to 10cm
3 in 1 system – collect/side discharge/mulch
Rear roller included / Warranty 2 years
Price Guide: £380 to £420 @ Argos
A short comparison table is outlined below to add further clarity for the Cordless 38cm vs the Corded 1600W and the Cordless 48cm models…
|Feature:||Black & Decker 36V 38cm||Black & Decker 1600W||Black & Decker 36V 48cm|
|Function:||Cordless||Corded||Cordless 3 in 1|
|Power:||36V batteries x 2||1600W cord||36V batteries x 2|
|Mow Heights:||6, 3cm to 8cm||6, 2cm to 7cm||7, 3.5cm to 10cm|
|Grass Collection:||35L capacity||45L capacity||50L capacity|
|Handle:||Height adjustable||Height adjustable||Height adjustable|
|Warranty:||2 years||2 years||2 years|
Section 5: Conclusion / Feedback
Despite the higher price than expected, this lawn mower is easy to assemble, the power was a lot better than expected and the cordless feature worked great as there was no limitations to the mowing areas like you have to deal with when using a corded lawn mower. Petrol lawn mowers can be heavy and difficult to push and work with but this little lawn mower is so much easier – it is almost like you are pushing half a lawn mower. One of the main dangers with cords is the fact that there is the possibility of running over the cord if you are not careful so this cordless option takes care of all that and allows you to work and mow with peace of mind. Another thing we liked was its ability to leave a tidy finish on the mow paths when you are finished as the grass collection system works really well and the fact that it was able to run for over 40 minutes with the 2 batteries was plenty to complete the whole garden in one session.
Have you ever tried the Black & Decker Cordless Lawn mower yourself in the recent past? Did it mow and operate as expected or did you experience any problems that we should know about?
If possible, please share your own experiences or feedback (good or bad) with the wider UK community by leaving a short comment in the comment box section provided below – So that others across the UK community can learn also!