Many thanks once again for taking the time to visit. So, do you need a reliable high reach Pole Cordless Hedge Trimmer for your high overgrown hedges? If so, then you should definitely take a quick look through our best cordless Pole Hedge Trimmers list which has been narrowed down to just 7 models so there should be definitely something here that can meet your own needs and expectations.
We have tested, researched and reviewed several brands and models across the UK and the 7 selected in this list offer great features, cutting power, extendable height reaches and some offer really great warranties of up to 3 years long which will certainly protect your own investment in the future. For easier navigation, this review will be split into 5 parts so feel free to skip to whatever part interests you the most.
Best Cordless Pole Hedge Trimmers Content
- Part 1: Best Cordless Pole Hedge Trimmers – Spear & Jackson, Ryobi & Flymo
- Part 2: Best Cordless Pole Hedge Trimmers – Vonhaus and Bosch
- Part 3: Best Cordless Pole Hedge Trimmers – Mountfield & Einhell
- Part 4: Conclusion & Optional Feedback
As guide prices can only be outlined at the time of this best Pole cordless hedge trimmer review list, please make sure to view the price checkers provided below which will ensure you get the most up to date accurate price information.
Part 1: Best Cordless Pole Hedge Trimmers
1, Spear & Jackson 18V Cordless Pole Hedge Trimmer (S18EHP)
18V Battery power / Hand guards
Tooth gap 16mm / Blade 45cm
Runtime 30 minutes
Recharge time 1 hour
Height reach 1.9m-2.35m
Dual action blades/ Soft grip
5 position pivot head for angles
Charger and battery included
Shoulder strap included
Weight 3.5kg / Warranty 3 years
Pros for the Spear & Jackson Pole Hedge Trimmer
- One of our favourites is certainly the Spear and Jackson Pole hedge trimmer S18EHP which comes with tons of positive reviews from previous buyers in the UK which adds confidence and peace of mind when using or buying it and it can reach hedges up to 1.9m and 2.35m high.
- The head on this trimmer can be pivoted to 5 different positions which is great for angle trimming and the weight is quite light at only 3.5kg which allows you to trim for longer without fatigue starting to kick in as the telescopic tube is made from robust aluminium
- Some batteries can take 3 hours and in some cases 5 hours to recharge where the battery here only takes 1 hour to fully recharge once again which means less time waiting around wasted and you also get a nice soft rubber grip which helps your hands with longer trimming sessions.
- The quality of the cut and the action on the blades is excellent and will not let you down. You also have the dual safety switch, hand guard, electronic brake for your own safety along with the blade tip protector and shoulder strap for additional support.
- If you want, there is the option of getting a 3 year replacement care package for any accidental damage which only costs £20 extra for additional peace of mind and you get a great 3 year warranty as standard.
- The price range for a tool of this quality is great value for the money and is ideal if you need to spend less than £120 on a pole hedge trimmer.
Cons for the Spear & Jackson Pole Hedge Trimmer
- The width of the tooth gap is only 16mm so this is one of the narrowest that you will come across – wider tooth gaps are available from other brands outlined further down on this list
- You are also limited to just 30 minutes on the battery trimming time – more powerful batteries can offer you a lot longer than just 30 mins (but are more expensive)
Price Guide: £80 to £120 @ Argos
2, Ryobi ONE+ 18V Pole Cordless Hedge Trimmer (RPT184520)
2.0Ah ONE+ battery
Charger & battery included
Longer reach of 2.9m high
Blade cutting length 45cm
Tooth gap cutting 18mm
Pivot rotating head 4 positions
Shoulder strap included
Shaft can be removed (storing)
Dual switch and hand guard
Weight 4.6kg / Warranty 3 years
Pros for the Ryobi 18V Pole Hedge Trimmer
- At number 2, we have the reliable Ryobi One+ Pole hedge trimmer which comes with a longer lasting 2.0Ah battery and again is backed with several positive reviews from previous buyers in the UK and which we found to trim the hedges exceptionally well even in damp conditions.
- One thing to note here is the fact that this hedge trimmer can reach a height of nearly 3 meters (2.9m to be exact) so it is really designed for very tall hedges and you have 4 different rotating positions with the articulating head to accommodate angle trimming or horizontal trimming up high.
- If you have other One+ tools in your shed from Ryobi, the battery here can be used for them also as it is interchangeable and it is also supported with the shoulder strap which is a great help on the arms supporting the weight at an angle.
- You can expect to recharge it for 1 hour which is a lot shorter than many others that can take 3+ hours to recharge and you are also handed with the longer warranty of 3 years with Argos which protects your investment well into the future.
- If you need to reduce it in size in your shed for storage, then the extendable shaft can be removed which is great for compact storage and also when in transport.
Cons for the Ryobi 18V Pole Hedge Trimmer
- Even though the tooth gap is slightly wider at 18mm, you are still limited to the thickness of the branches you can cut and trim at 1.2cm to 1.5cm
- The tool weighs heavier at over 4.5kg but it is supported with the shoulder strap for additional support to reduce arm fatigue
Price Guide: £150 to £200 @ Amazon
3, Flymo 20V SabreCut XT Cordless Hedge Trimmer (967924701)
More powerful 20V battery
Telescopic reach of 3m high
Battery runtime 30 mins
Recharge time 3 hours avg
Blade length 42cm long
Cutting tooth gaps 16mm
Dual safety switch / hand guard
Blade tip protection
Weight 3.5kg / Warranty 2 years
Pros for the Flymo 20V SabreCut XT
- The next Pole cordless hedge trimmer we have for you to consider is the Flymo 20V SabreCut XT which generally has a fairly competitive price and is ideal if you have less than £150 available to spend.
- There is a solid 2-year warranty available here also and there is an optional 3 year replacement care package available which is available for less than £30 at Argos (optional)
- For reaching high hedges, the Pole trimmer certainly does the job well as it can reach hedges up to 3 meters high and the head can be rotated and tilted to various positions depending on what angles you need to trim at.
- The quality of the blades worked well and didn’t get clogged like many others we have seen and it includes all the safety features you would expect to see such as the dual switch, the hand guard, a blade tip protector and also the quick stop electronic brake.
- Overall, we found this tool to work very satisfactorily, you get a nice soft grip on the handle to reduce hand fatigue and it can work up to 30 mins on a fully recharged battery depending on the type of work being carried out.
Cons for the Flymo 20V SabreCut XT
- The length of the cutting blade is smaller at 42cm which is 3cm shorter than both the Ryobi and the Spear and Jackson above.
- Other batteries tend to take just 60 minutes to get recharged but you will need to wait between 2.5 and 3 hours to have this battery fully recharged once again which could possibly delay the job.
- The warranty period available here is one year less than Spear & Jackson who offer a 3 years warranty.
Price Guide: £100 to £150 @ Amazon
A short comparison table is outlined below to compare the Spear & Jackson, Ryobi and Flymo Pole cordless hedge trimmers which can provide further clarity if needed when making your own comparisons
|Feature:||Spear & Jackson||Ryobi||Flymo|
|Height Reach:||1.9m - 2.35m||2.9m||3m|
|Blade:||45cm long||45cm long||42cm long|
|Battery runtime:||30 mins||35 mins||30 mins|
|Recharge time:||60 mins||60 mins||Avg 3 hours|
|Warranty:||3 years||3 years||2 years|
Part 2: Best Cordless Pole Hedge Trimmers UK
4, VonHaus 20V Cordless Pole Hedge Trimmer (15/200)
Cordless 20V battery included
Blade cover included
Extended height to 2.44m
Shoulder strap included
Head angles can be rotated
Blade 45cm long / Trimmer 3.8kg
Tooth cutting gap 14mm
Battery runtime 50 mins
Recharge time is 1 hour
Weight 5.8kg / Warranty 2 years
Pros for the VonHaus 20V Cordless Pole Hedge Trimmer
- At number 5, we have a very popular Pole Hedge trimmer from VonHaus which comes with a 20V battery and is backed with a 2-year warranty which is one less thing to worry about when it comes to protecting your investment
- The adjustable telescopic works well, it is lightweight to use, the blades perform satisfactorily and the head can be rotated at various different angles be it 45 degrees cutting, vertical or horizontal trimming.
- Unlike many other hedge trimmers, this model comes with the blade cover included and also the should strap to support angle trimming and this battery is interchangeable with other tools from VonHaus which have the lithium-ion G battery range.
- The recharging time is quite good at only 1 hour and the battery can operate for longer than many other batteries. This battery can trim for 50 minutes while many other can only trim for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Finally, one of the main attractions here is the price as it tends to be one of the lowest available across the UK and has been seen on sale for less than £100 and in some cases less than £80 which is great value for what you get - ideal for people seeking the lowest possible price or a great bargain.
Cons for the VonHaus 20V Cordless Pole Hedge Trimmer
- Even though it can reach 2.44m high, it is still approx. 0.5m shorter than both the Flymo and the Ryobi models outlined further above.
- The tooth gap here is only 14mm which is one of the narrowest options available for branch thickness so it is really better for lighter duty work instead of denser thicker hedges.
Price Guide: £75 to £100 @ Amazon
5, Bosch Universal 18V Pole Cordless Telescopic Hedge Trimmer
Model number 06008B3070
2.5Ah Battery included
Charger included also
Anti Blocking system
Blade 43cm / Tooth gap 16mm
Height reach 2.1m to 2.6m
Weight 3.6kg approx.
Warranty 2 to 3 years (reg online)
Pros for the Bosch 18V Cordless Pole Hedge Trimmer
- From the very start, this Pole hedge trimmer from Bosch is certainly one of our favourites on this list (if not our number 1 favourite) as it backed with a solid grip, a nice feel to it, an ergonomic balance to the tool and the blades are of high quality with a great ability to trim hedges no problem whatsoever – it rips through the hedges and branches with so much ease.
- One feature that stands out from the rest here is the Anti blocking system where it has the ability to become unclogged or unblocked so much easier with the press of a lever.
- Overtime hedge trimmers can get clogged a bit especially with damp hedges or bushes so this feature makes the job of trimming so much easier, faster and certainly a lot safer when it comes to unblocking the blades.
- It also comes with the sawing function which works great, it is lightweight in design and it can operate with a blade speed of 2200 SPM and of course there is a more powerful 2.5 Ah battery included.
- In addition, you get the 2 year standard warranty and there is a third year available if you register your purchase online with bosch-tools within 28 days of purchase.
Cons for the Bosch 18V Cordless Pole Hedge Trimmer
- Apart from the higher price, there is nothing else that can be noted as a con for this hedge trimmer in our opinion at the time of this review. Time will tell how it will work overtime but the only con we can see would be the higher price level which is generally found for more than £150 / £160 which would be significantly higher than other options on this list.
Price Guide: £160 to £200 @ Amazon
A short comparison table is outlined below to compare the Vonhaus versus the Bosch Cordless Pole hedge trimmers to add further clarity if needed.
|Blade:||45cm long||43cm long|
|Battery runtime:||50 mins||1 hour|
|Recharge time:||1 hour||1 hour|
|Warranty:||2 years||2-3 years|
Part 3: Best Cordless Pole Hedge Trimmers continued
If the 5 cordless Pole hedge trimmers outlined already haven’t ticked all your boxes yet, then check out 2 further options from Einhell and Mountfield which are also worth a closer look before you make your final decision as they both performed well with their own hedge trimming tasks. Please note that both of these models are bare tools so you will be required to buy the battery and charger unit separately.
6, Mountfield Freedom 48V Cordless Pole Pruner & Hedge Trimmer
Model number MM48Li (Bare tool)
Height trimming reach max 2.9m high
Batteries and charger sold separately
Blade length 50cm / Split shaft system
Pruner bar saw head cuts max 10cm diameter
Should strap harness included
Tooth blade cutting gaps are 20mm wide
Weight 8.3kg / Warranty 12 months
Price Guide: £150 - £180
7, Einhell Solo Power X-Change Cordless High Reach Hedge Trimmer
Model number GE-HH 18 (Bare tool)
Power level 18V battery / Blade 45cm long
Battery and charger sold separately
Telescopic handle is adjustable
Cutting length from the blade is 40cm
ABS system included for safety
Tooth blade spacing 16mm / Runtime 40 mins
Weight 4.3kg / Warranty 12 months
Price Guide: £125 - £160
Part 4: Conclusion & Optional Feedback
After completing our review for the best Pole Cordless hedge trimmers – we hope all our work has been helpful to you in some small way – it certainly took us long enough to complete it! Which one from this list would we choose? We don’t want to influence your own decision but our favourites here would certainly be the Bosch Universal 18V Pole Cordless Telescopic Hedge Trimmer followed closely by the Spear & Jackson 18V Cordless Pole Hedge Trimmer.
Optional Feedback – Have you Say!
Have you used any of these Pole Hedge trimmers yourself in the past? What would be your top 3 or what models should be included or excluded from this short list?
If at all possible, please share your own feedback or your own top 3 by leaving a short comment in the comment box section provided below – so that others across the UK can learn also!