Hello and many thanks for taking the time to visit our Flymo Cordless Grass Trimmer review which will cover 2 different models under this brand both of which were available on sale for less than £90 at the time of this review. One thing that stands out straight away is the great value and low prices which they offer which will be ideal for people seeking the lowest possible price or the best possible bargain. So, if a low priced low spec basic grass trimmer is what you are after, you won’t need to look much further than the Flymo Cordless grass trimmer options outlined further below on this page.
To help ensure you get the best possible value, please make sure to use the price comparison options provided below which possibly could save you money while you are here. Our review will be based on working with these trimmers over a 2-week period and we will outline all the main features that you need to be aware of plus all the main pros and cons which we came across that you should know also before you buy. In addition, we will also outline a short series of frequently asked questions about Flymo Cordless grass trimmers which should answer some of the queries that you may possibly have and for easier navigation, our review will be split into 4 parts outlined as follows…
Flymo Cordless Grass Trimmer Review Content
- Part 1: Overview plus Frequently Asked Questions
- Part 2: Flymo Cordless Grass Trimmer Review - 2 Popular Options
- Part 3: Comparison vs Flymo Corded Grass Trimmers
- Part 4: Conclusion plus Optional Feedback
As guide prices can only be shown at the time of this Flymo Cordless Grass trimmer review, please make sure to view the price checkers provided below which will help ensure you get the most accurate up to date price information.
Part 1: Overview plus Frequently Asked Questions
|Brand:||Flymo Cordless Grass String Trimmers|
|Models:||Flymo C-Link & Flymo Contour|
|Power:||20V Battery (included)|
|Trimmer Sizes:||25cm to 30cm cutting width|
|Lowest Price:||£45 to £60 @ Argos UK – View Today’s Price Here|
|Warranty:||1 to 2 years (seller dependant)|
Frequently Asked Questions about Flymo Cordless Grass String Trimmers (8)
Q1. What warranty is provided as the box states 1 year?
A. The warranty for the grass trimmers from Flymo on sale with Argos is 2 years
Q2. Do they have an Automatic spool line feed?
A. The C-Link model doesn’t - they operate with the bump feed instead where you tap the head to pump out more line. The Flymo Contour is different in that it does include the Auto line feed.
Q3. How long does it take to recharge the batteries?
A. The batteries take longer than normal to charge and will take on average 3 hours to full recharge once again
Q4. How long can the battery operate and trim for when fully recharged?
A. The battery will last 14 to 17 minutes for the C-Link on average depending on how hard you are working the tool and trimming conditions. The Flymo Contour usually operates a little longer for around 20 minutes on average
Q5. Is the battery and charger both included in the box?
A. Yes, the box delivery includes both the charger and the battery
Q6. Are the heads interchangeable with the XT hedge trimmer?
A. Sorry no, the head is not interchangeable with the XT Sabrecut hedge trimmer.
Q7. What type of line is used for these grass trimmers?
A. The line used for these grass trimmers is a nylon 1.5mm line
Q8. Can the telescopic shaft be extended to accommodate taller people?
A. Yes, the shaft can be extended for the Flymo Contour however cannot be extended for the C-link
Part 2: Flymo Cordless Grass Trimmer Review - 2 Popular Options
1, Flymo C-Link 20V 30cm Grass Trimmer
Budget low priced option
Basic & ideal for bargain hunters
For small gardens only
30cm cut width / Weight 2.7kg
Handle on the shaft is adjustable
Bump line feed / 1.5mm line
20V Cordless battery
Battery runtime 15 to 17 mins
Recharging takes avg 3 hours
Bump feed – tap the head
Warranty of 2 years
Pros for the Flymo C-Link 20V Grass Trimmer
- If a bargain is what you are after or the lowest possible price for a cordless grass trimmer, then this will be the best option for you as the sales price when seen at the time of this review was available for less than £50 which is one of the lowest we have come across in the UK
- Even though you get a 2-year warranty, there is also the option of getting a 3 year replacement care package for less than £15 which can protect you in the event that any repair work needs to be carried out.
- As this trimmer is less than 3kg in weight, it gives you the ability to work the trimming tool for longer without hand and arm fatigue setting in.
- There are no petrol or oil products to worry about – plus there is no need to worry about dragging cords across your lawn so there is a lot more freedom when you choose the cordless option.
- Although it is not the best grass trimmer by a long shot, it is a good option for people who just need a small level of lighter work done which would normally take less than 15 minutes to do.
Cons for the Flymo C-Link 20V Grass Trimmer
- The warranty can be a little confusing as the box states 1 year but the company say they provide 2 years so this issue could have been easily avoided
- As the price is so low, the quality of the battery is a lot lower so it will take you a lot longer to recharge (over 3 hours) and the runtime on the battery is a lot less also which can be less than 18 minutes and in some cases even less than 15 minutes depending on how heavy the trimming work is needed.
- The shaft cannot be extended but you do get the angled shaft which can help people with lower back problems.
- As the power is quite low and the battery runtime is so low, it is really only capable of dealing with lighter type duty work for small gardens (ideally max 10 to 15 mins work) which won’t work for everyone but thankfully it is matched with the appropriate lower price tag for people seeking the lowest possible price.
Price Guide: £45 to £60 @ Argos UK
Further images of the Flymo C-Link 20V 30cm Grass Trimmer are outlined below (3)
2, Flymo 20V 25cm Contour Cordless Grass Trimmer
For medium sized gardens
Shaft can be extended
20V battery power provided
Line used is 1.5mm
Battery runtime avg 20 mins
Recharging takes avg 3 hours
Plant guard for protection
Edge cutting capability
Cut width 25cm / Weight 3.2kg
Auto feed dual line
Head can be tilted/rotated
Warranty of 2 years
Pros for the Flymo Contour 25cm 20V Grass Trimmer
- Unlike the first option above, the telescopic shaft for this grass trimmer can be extended or shortened which is ideal for smaller or even taller people who need the flexibility with the length of the operating shaft
- You get a 2-year warranty as standard which will protect your investment ad you can take an optional extra replacement care package if you want (provided by Argos) which costs less than £20 and can last for 3 years.
- The noise level experienced from this grass trimmer is very low and much more bearable when using it for longer trimming sessions and certainly a lot better than your average petrol based grass trimmer.
- Unlike the option at number 1, there is the Edging facility here which works better around patios, kerbs and flower beds and the plant guard is included as standard to protect all your important garden shrubs and it can also be used as part with the shrubbing mode for more specialised work.
- The line feed is automatic so you don’t need to manually do it with a bump feed, replacing the spool was easier than expected and the handle can be adjusted to provide greater hand comfort while you work
Cons for the Flymo Contour 25cm 20V Grass Trimmer
- Similar to the first option, the length of time it takes to fully recharge the battery takes a lot longer than expected and the runtime on the battery for actual work is a lot shorter than expected so really this tool is geared only for small type jobs and smaller type gardens that takes only 15 to 20 minutes on average to complete
- The width of the cut here for this model is quite narrow and one of the narrowest we have come across – plus it is 5cm narrower that the option provided above at number 1
- The line would be considered fairly lightweight when you compare against other thicker stronger lines so you will find that the line will break somewhat easier especially with tougher trimming jobs.
- The power level you get would be considered quite weak especially when it comes to heavy weeds and thick grass patches but it can still manage smaller jobs across your garden when needed all the same.
Price Guide: £60 to £90 @ Argos UK
Further images of the Flymo 20V 25cm Contour Cordless Grass Trimmer are outlined below (3)
A short comparison table is outlined below to provide further clarity on the Flymo Cordless Grass trimmer options in this review…
|Feature||Flymo C-Link||Flymo Contour|
|Line Feed:||Bump Feed||Auto feed|
|Battery:||20V power||20V power|
|Recharging:||Avg 3 hours||Avg 3 hours|
|Battery Runtime:||Avg 15 - 17 minutes||Avg 15 - 17 minutes|
|Warranty:||2 years||2 years|
Price Comparison Options:
To help you save some money while you are here, then please make sure to compare and check the 2 price options provided below which are definitely worth a closer look before you make your final decision as they were both on sale for less than £80 at the time of this review.
Part 3: Comparison vs Flymo Corded Grass Trimmers
If you feel that the Cordless grass trimmers are priced a little high for you, then check out 2 of the corded options from Flymo that were both priced for less than £60 at the time of this review and are certainly worth a closer look if again you are seeking the lowest possible price…
Part 4: Conclusion plus Optional Feedback
Do we recommend the Flymo Cordless Grass Trimmers? Yes, but only for small garden and trimming jobs that take less than 10 to 15 minutes work as the battery runs out far too quickly. You can choose a more expensive brand if you wish if you have a larger garden that requires tougher trimming jobs but if you have only small trimming jobs that require a lower level of investment, then this will do the job just fine in our opinion.
Have you ever used a Flymo Cordless or Corded Grass Trimmer yourself in the recent past? Did it work as expected or did you come across any problems that we should all know about?
If possible, please share your own feedback or thoughts good or bad by leaving a short comment in the comment box section provided below – so that others across the UK community can learn also!