Can the Einhell Hedge Trimmers work as good as they say they do? To find out more, then check out our Einhell Hedge Trimmer review where we have put it to the test to see if they really can trim down different types of hedges to the required standards among the general public. Our review will focus on the Einhell 420W Corded Electric Hedge Trimmer model number GH-EH 4245 as this one tends to offer one of the lowest possible prices under this brand in the UK at present and tends to be one of the most popular options to choose from. In addition, if you wish to look beyond the Corded version, we will also briefly cover the 900W Pole long reach Hedge Trimmer (GC-HH 9048) and the 46cm 2.0Ah Cordless model (3410683) so at least you have more than just 1 choice when it comes to making your own final buying decision. Some people prefer the corded and others prefer the cordless route so both will be covered in this review and if your own hedge is over 2m high, then the Pole Hedge trimmer outlined here could be the best option for you instead of having to buy additional step ladders for high reaching hedges which also tend to be somewhat unsafe from our own experiences.
Our review as mentioned already will cover the lower priced Einhell GH-EH 4245 420W Corded Hedge Trimmer and we will do our best to outline all the key features that you need to know along with all the main pros and cons that we came across that you can check out further down on this page. We have also outlined some FAQ’s which hopefully can answer any possible queries you may have about Einhell Electric Hedge trimmers and if you have any further questions, feel free to ask by leaving your question in the comment box section provided at the bottom of this page.
Einhell Hedge Trimmer Review Content:
- Part 1: Overview plus FAQ’s
- Part 2: Einhell 420W Corded Hedge Trimmer Review (GH-EH 4245)
- Part 3: Einhell Pole and Cordless Hedge Trimmer Alternatives
- Part 4: Our Conclusion and Feedback
Please note that guide prices can only be outlined at the time of this Einhell Electric Hedge Trimmer review as prices can change slightly from week to week depending on local discount activities so please make sure to view the price checkers outlined below to ensure you have the most accurate up to date price information.
Part 1: Overview plus FAQ’s
|Brand / Model:||Einhell 420W Corded Electric Hedge Trimmer - GH-EH 4245|
|Blade:||45cm cut long|
|Power:||420W / 230V|
|Warranty:||12 months minimum|
|Price Level:||£35 to £65 @ Amazon UK – Check Todays Updated Price Here|
Frequently Asked Questions about Einhell Hedge Trimmers:
Q. Can you choose a Petrol hedge trimmer instead?
A. Yes, Einhell also offer Petrol powered hedge trimmers in their portfolio
Q. What are the dimensions for the GH-EH 4245?
A. The dimensions when delivered are 92cm by 17.5cm by 17.5cm
Q. Where are these hedge trimmers made?
A. These hedge trimmers from Einhell are made in Germany
Q. What branch thickness can the corded GH-EH 4245 cut through?
A. The maximum thickness of branches it can cut through is 1.2cm
Q. What is the length of the cable cord supplied?
A. The length of the cord for the GH-EH 4245 is approx. 5m long so extension cords will be needed
Q. How does the GH-EH 4245 compare to the corded GH-EH 5550?
A. The GH-EH 5550 has a 500W higher power level, a longer blade by 5cm and a wider tooth gap by 10mm
Q. Does the GH-EH 4245 come with a battery?
A. No, this is a corded model so it is powered by mains (not by a battery)
Q. How high can the Pole hedge trimmer GC-HH 9048 reach?
A. The Einhell Pole hedge trimmer GC-HH 9048 can reach hedges of 2m to 2.5m high
Q. How heavy is the Pole trimmer GC-HH 9048?
A. For its size, it would be considered lightweight at only approx. 5kg weight
Q. What battery is needed with the cordless model?
A. A 18V 2.0Ah battery is needed and is included in the 3410683 pack (bare tool options are available also excluding the battery at lower prices)
Q. How long does it take to recharge the batteries for the cordless 3410683?
A. It will take on average 40 minutes to fully recharge the batteries
Q. How long does the 18V 2.0Ah battery last for with the cordless battery option?
A. The 18v 2.0Ah battery has a runtime hedge trimming duration of 70 to 80 minutes depending on the level of work being carried out.
Part 2: Einhell GH-EH 4245 420W Corded Hedge Trimmer Review - Features, Pros & Cons
Einhell 420W Corded Electric Hedge Trimmer (GH-EH 4245)
Key Features to Note:
Blade cutting length 45cm
Power level 420W
Clip for cable strain relief
Laser cut diamond steel
Tooth blade gap is 16mm
Maximum cutting is 12mm
Cord length only 5m long
Dead man safety switch
Weight is less than 3kg
Price Guide: £35 - £65 @ Amazon
Pros for the Einhell 420W Corded Hedge Trimmer:
- There is no need to worry about recharging of batteries or the duration of a charged battery as you always have a constant power supply.
- There are no ongoing petrol costs, no mixing of 2 stroke oils, no maintenance costs or toxic fumes to worry about either as it is also an environmentally friendly alternative to gas powered hedge trimmer tools.
- It is quite solid and robust and is backed with the laser-cut and diamond cut steel blades which cut nicely, neatly and can stand up to heavier type duty work.
- You will like the handling options, the soft grip and the balance to the tool which requires both hands to engage and operate and overall has a nice feel and touch to it with low levels of vibrations experienced.
- It also has the additional handle for extra comfort and optimal handling
- As the weight is only 2.5kg, it makes the chore of hedge trimming a whole lot easier so you can work for longer without arm fatigue setting in. Overall very good for tackling low lying bushes, shrubs and hedges across your garden.
- A good solid hand guard is in place for your safety along with a two handed safety switch for your added protection and the blade cover guard when not in use for safer transportation
Cons for the Einhell 420W Corded Hedge Trimmer
- The tooth gap here is one of the smallest we have come across so you are limited to hedges with branches with a maximum of 1.2cm thickness only.
- The length of the blade is one of the shortest we have come across also with only 45cm cutting length - there are certainly superior alternatives available across in the market for longer blades for reaching higher hedges.
- The cable length here is a lot shorter than expected so you will need to go down the road of buying additional extension cords which will be an added expense to consider also.
- There is always the danger of having cords lying around as you are trimming and a risk of cutting through the cord if you are not careful enough – it would be better to take your time and go slower instead.
- If you have hedges over 2m high, then you will need to consider getting a step ladder which is another expense or a pole type hedge trimmer model instead to tackle high reaching hedge types.
Further images of the Einhell GH-EH 4245 420W Electric Corded Hedge Trimmer are outlined below (5)
A short comparison table of the Einhell GH-EH 4245 versus the Einhell GH-EH 5550 hedge trimmers are outlined below to add further clarity…
|Feature:||Einhell GH-EH 4245||Einhell GH-EH 5550|
Part 3: Einhell Pole and Cordless Hedge Trimmer Alternatives
If you are somewhat unsure about the smaller lower priced 420W corded model from Einhell, then take a quick look also at the 900W Pole hedge trimmer or the cordless option also from Einhell that a worth a closer look outlined as follows…
1, Einhell 900W Electric Corded Pole Hedge Trimmer (GC-HH 9048)
Key Features to Note:
Long reach hedge trimmer alternative
Telescopic long reach bar 2m to 2.5m
Extendable aluminium telescopic handle
Handle can be extended and adjusted
Blade length 48cm & 50cm extension
Corded mains power supply 900W
Blade cutter guard included
Includes shoulder strap for better balance
Weight is 5kg / 240V / Tooth gap 2cm
Price Guide: £90 to £140 @ Amazon
2, Einhell Power X-Change 46cm Cordless Hedge Trimmer (3410683)
Key Features to Note:
Cordless cable free alternative
46cm cutting length (blade is 52cm long)
18V 2.0Ah battery and charger included
Laser cut & diamond cut steel blades
Battery is interchangeable with other tools
Battery charge level indicators (3 LED’s)
Runtime avg 70-80 mins / Recharging avg 40 mins
Includes blade cutter guard for safety
Weight is 2.3kg / Tooth gap 1.5cm
Price Guide: £100 to £150 @ Amazon
Further images of the Einhell Pole Hedge trimmer and the Einhell Cordless Hedge trimmer alternatives are also outlined below (3 each)
Part 4: Our Conclusion and Feedback
For the price of less than £50, this 420W hedge trimmer Einhell is certainly worth the money. It is a bit on the small side and there are certainly a lot more powerful higher spec options out there but for this low price level, it can definitely trim low lying hedges with a max 1.2cm branch thickness with ease. Anything wider than 1.2cm, this tool does tend to clog up a bit so it has its limitations on what it can cut thickness wise. If your own hedge is quite small and needs to be tided up then this will work for you, however if you have a thick dense hedge with wider branches, then you are better off going for a more powerful option with a wider tooth gap than the GH-EH 4245. Time will tell how it will perform over the next 12 months but starting off anyway, we would certainly give it the thumbs up and have no problem in recommending it as long as it is only for lighter type duty work.
Have you ever used an Einhell Hedge Trimmer yourself in the recent past (petrol, pole, corded or cordless)? Did it trim your hedges as expected or did you have any problems that we should all know about?
If possible, please share your own experiences or feedback (good or bad) with the wider UK community by leaving a short comment in the comment box section provided below – So that others across the UK community can learn also!